Friday, December 4, 2015

Tear Down This Wall!


President Regan  said it best:

Last night the house settlement was completed,
and it was time to tear down the wall.
While not as significant as the Berlin Wall, 
the wall of paneling that separated the upstairs from the downstairs
needed to come down.
 
The wall was simply two pieces of paneling.
The railing for the staircase is behind the wall in the above photo.
In the next photo, you can see the other side of the wall
showing the railing.
 This is the doorway to get to the downstairs of the house.  
My sister refers to it as the Alice in Wonderland door.
In fact, when she first saw it she wanted to know where the magic mushrooms were she needed to consume in order to shrink small enough to fit through.
 You can clearly see the resemblance.
Seriously, normal things don't fit through it.
Like lampshades, shop vacs and laundry baskets.
Even my husband has to turn sideways to get his shoulders through.
So once we got home from dinner,
the demolition began. 
This is the view from the bottom of the stairs now.
And the view from our hallway.
I had to halt demolition because it was a school night
and I had just put the Brat Child to bed.
These "studs" need to be cut to remove them safely and
without damaging the railing
(I have threatened certain death if that railing is harmed in any way).
It's strange to see so much light in the hallway.
And the cat is enjoying the new set up.
Already he found he enjoys sitting on the railing and looking into my bedroom.
Without my glasses I was certain a short little man was looking at me from the hall.
Scared the crap out of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment