Wednesday, January 20, 2016

It Takes a Village

The saying "It takes a village to raise a child"
holds true for house renovation too.
It takes a village to get crap done.
This past weekend was a very busy one.
Windows were measured 
for replacements.
Thanks to the window sale at a home improvement store, 
we'll have replacement windows soon.
My dad and husband did the measuring, 
and they'll be installing the windows too.
There was a lot of painting going on as well.
My mom and my cousin came to help.
I would not have been able to get as much
accomplished in the painting department if 
I didn't have the help of family
(you'll remember my cousin and aunt helped with the hall and the living room).
These are just teasers of the paint color in the kitchen.
I'm still working on finishing up last minute touches,
so I don't want to share photos until I'm done.
It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do. 
Painting the trim and doors white made a massive difference
in their appearance.
We managed to get the laundry room painted too.
I just need to finish the trim work, 
but the walls are done.
I've been looking at decorating ideas on all the rooms
that have been painted.
And we can't forget all the work on the electrical wires in the house.
Without the help of our friend,
it wouldn't have been done.
So we measured windows, painted 2 rooms and had 2 separate
electric meters converted to one.
So a big THANK YOU
to those who have helped.
Even the dog helped.
You'll notice the white on her ear.
There's also white on the end of her tail,
and she has a red food.
She was oh so helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment