Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Why, Yes, That is a Chicken on My Head

I went to check on the chickens Monday evening.
Well, really I just wanted to check on Henny Penny after her first night in the coop.
I wanted to make sure she hadn't been pecked
to the point of bleeding again.
Apparently she missed me.
She was chirping the moment she saw me 
and proceeded to jump on my head when I crouched down.
And she sat there for several minutes.
I let the little ones out for a bit
so they could have a reprieve from the bossiness of the other hens.
I've renamed the 2 Jersey Giant chickens.
They stick together all the time 
and they remind me of the 2 magpies from those old cartoons
named Heckle and Jeckle
so Heckle and Jeckle they're named.
 Now I need to finish painting the coop
and build a fence around the veggie garden.
There's been too much work put into the garden
to let the older hens go in and mow down my cabbage plants
and scratch up the seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment