Tuesday, June 9, 2015

3 Little Indians

 Sunday night, Henny Penny passed away.
At first she seemed to be improving,but Sunday she was quiet and lethargic.
I knew it was going to be the end.
 I buried her down in the pasture in the "Pet Cemetery"
(really, there's a horse, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rabbits and a turtle there)
She was the coolest chicken I've ever met
and I doubt I'll meet another one as cool as she.
I'm now down to three chickens:
1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Jersey Giant and Zombie who is a Brown Leghorn I think.
Zombie is the only one old enough to lay eggs and she isn't.
I've been checking them daily for signs of illness and so far so good.  
Though part of me right now wonders if it's all worth it. 
I now have 5 chickens to replace and I'm guessing the cost could
be $50+.
I'm supposed to be heading to the Maryland Poultry Swap in a week and a half,
but my heart just isn't in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment