Thursday, May 7, 2015

Repainting

Part of the coop renovation includes repainting.  I meant to get another coat of paint on it last year but time got away from me.  The original paint was seriously weather beaten.  So far, we've managed to get one coat on most of the coop.  It will definitely need a second coat, so I'm hoping I manage to get that on this weekend.  We're also painting all the wood framing of the run to help prevent the wood from rotting. That requires a little more work as I never painted it originally and now there's a lot of dirt and mud built up on the bottom framework.  It's nothing a little elbow grease and a wire grill brush can't tackle, but it's time consuming.  To help preserve the wood further, we're putting the whole thing up on 1 foot pavers to keep it out of the dirt.  And there's the reshingling of the roof and fixing/rebuilding the nest box and installing a second roosting bar. It will definitely be a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment