Monday, July 28, 2014

Busy Weekend

It was a busy and productive weekend around here
for a change.
There was an abundance of produce on the counter that needed some attention.
And by abundance I mean
there was stuff on the counter.
Our harvests this year have been nothing like last year
and that's disappointing.
But I digress.
We have bugs decimating our cucumber plants
so I made sure I used the ones I managed to harvest.
I made 1 quart and 3 pints of refrigerator pickles.
Sadly, these won't last long.
You can find the recipe here.
Then I had a bunch of beets to contend with,
so I pickled them.
We'll see how they taste,
but at least they look pretty.
I also managed to can 2 quarts of green beans.
Hoping to save the cucumbers,
and hoping that the tomatoes on the vine
ripen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment