Monday, November 23, 2015

Simply Clean


First, let me say that I'm not getting any money from Simple Green to promote their product.  That isn't to say that I'd decline if they wanted to give me a few bucks for telling people how wonderful I think their product is.  And second, I'm in no way criticizing anyone's cleaning abilities.  Our landlady was 91 when she passed and was unable to climb up on her counter top to clean kitchen cabinets.  Heck, I need to watch climbing around, not to mention how sore my arms are.

So, the kitchen was in need of a major scrub down. The plan is to paint the cabinets in the future, so I really needed to scrub them clean so I won't have to do much sanding in the future.   The regular cleaners weren't working very well on the grease buildup, so I went and got some Simple Green.  I wasn't sure if it would be strong enough either as it is considered non-hazardous and environmentally safer than other products.  I typically equate that to not being strong enough. 

I filled an empty spray bottle with undiluted Simple Green, sprayed the areas, let it sit for a minute then scrubbed away.  It did the trick.  And it did the trick without the need to use a respirator or chemical gloves, and it smells pretty good. 
So if you have a tough cleaning job, or any cleaning job, I'd recommend Simple Green.  It works and it's environmentally friendly.  Win-win.

There have been a lot of other things going on, and I promise I'll share the progress in due time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment