Monday, August 5, 2013

Chocolate Zucchini Bread


I came across a recipe for a chocolate zucchini bread and thought
what the heck
I have more zucchini than I know what to do with.
Since my fiance said it was "DELICIOUS"
and "GREAT"
I figured I'd share it here.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt
set aside

In medium mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs until fluffy
add oil and vanilla

add to dry ingredients along with the zucchini and chocolate chips
stir until combined
divide between 2 loaf pans
bake 50-60 minutes or until top is cracked and springy to touch

I think it could have used a few more chocolate chips, other than that it was pretty good.
Goes down nice with a tall glass of ice cold milk!
Check back for other possible zucchini bread recipes as I plan on trying a zucchini pineapple recipe 
and a lemon poppy seed zucchini bread recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment