Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Home Over the Range


Big E has become enamored with Facebook Marketplace.
His latest find was an over the range microwave for $25.
Since I've wanted one
 (I hate that we use precious counter space for the microwave we have)
and this one seemed like it was in pretty decent shape,
he went and got it.
That meant cleaning out all the spices and meds from the cabinet.
So I cleaned out the cabinet,
and finally Big E had an evening to get to work.
He had to cut the cabinet above the stove.
He used this really cool gadget called an oscillating tool.
I NEED one. 
It didn't take long to get everything cut to make room for the microwave.
Really, I didn't even have to move the canning supplies until
he was ready to drill holes for screws and wires.
Take a look at the wall color on the plaster!
After a few hiccups,
we got the thing mounted and in place.
Big E used an extension cord to make sure it worked
(thank goodness it did).
We just needed to cut the doors down to fit 
and put them back in place.

Once everything was back in place,
you couldn't even tell that the doors were cut. 
I'm thrilled with this over the range microwave.
It's much bigger than the one on the counter top,
and now I have a bit more counter space.

No comments:

Post a Comment