Monday, September 23, 2013

The Pressure Canner

I purchased this Presto Pressure canner from Amazon some time ago
after I thoroughly read each review
(OK, maybe not each one since there were a lot, but a good many).

And once I had it at my house
it became apparent that I have a canning phobia.
It does not have its own name on the phobia list but it should.
Eventually the prospect of having wasted $70 for the canner,
not to mention the wasted tomatoes,
prompted me to go ahead and attempt to can and not blow up the house.
 The result?
I managed to can 3 quarts of Roasted Garlic and Pepper Spaghetti Sauce
(it's delish! I'll share the recipe in the future)
 I also realized that I didn't blow up the kitchen
and it doesn't appear that I will kill anyone with botulism either. 
I have since managed to can several quarts and pints of chopped tomato
and 7 jars of red pepper jelly.  
This canning thing is a cinch!

No comments:

Post a Comment