Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Doing It Different


It's that time of year again.  That time when people make a list of things they resolve to do, many of which tend to be ways  to change to be better.  After reviewing my list from 2014 and realizing I didn't get too much accomplished, I opted for a different strategy. 

This year, I have one goal- Hike the Maryland section of the Appalachian Trail. 

January 1st I managed a small hike (after being sick the night before with a stomach virus and a fever) so I've already started the ball rolling.  And in preparing for completion of this goal, I need to be healthier and in backpacking shape, things that were typically resolutions on their own.  Now they're just part of the larger picture, not the focus. I'll be blogging updates on my progress over the next 10 months, and eventually blogging about the trip itself. 

This is going to be MY year!


No comments:

Post a Comment