Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Has Sprung

Finally!
I started some seeds indoors this year.
I have never had luck starting seeds indoors.
Never.
I'm not sure why I'm thinking this year will be different than all the other years before,
perhaps all the stress has addled my brain.
With the nicer weather coming this weekend, 
I have plans to get the garden limed and fertilized and tilled.
Time to shake off the long winter blahs.

In case you're wondering, I have started: 
Cuor di Bue Grosso Cabbage- an Italian heirloom that is super sweet and good for coleslaw and sauteing 
Filderkraut Cabbage- German heirloom developed for sauerkraut (which I'm going to attempt to make)
Bull Nose Pepper- Red bell pepper grown by Thomas Jefferson
Blondkopfchen Tomato- They produce tiny round 1/2" gold tomatoes and are very sweet
Dwarf Blue Curled Scotch Kale- Easy grower, hardy and delicious (and I hated kale most of my life)
I grew this in the winter and it did great. 
And chickens and deer love it too.

I ordered my seeds from Annie's Heirloom Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment