Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Yard Updates

Things have been hectic around here,
or at least that's how it seems to me.
We have baseball games
and scout meetings
and backpacking adventures
and all that leaves little time for the house.
It's been raining for weeks,
or at least that's how it feels.
We managed to get half the yard mowed and raked the other day
and Monday I just managed to get the other half mowed.
Afterwards I sat my butt down under the "Whomping Willow"
AKA the Kwanzan Cherry tree that is currently in full bloom.
We have so much on the list of things to do right now it's almost overwhelming.
We will be hosting the first backyard birthday cookout this house has seen 
in a long time-
possibly ever 
I'm not sure.
So I need to get the back yard party ready
by finishing digging out the new garden beds, 
getting some areas tilled, raked and seeded
and removing the brush from the removed shrubs.
And possibly remove the other shrubs on the list.
That's all hard to do in cold pouring rain
and it seems like the weather is only nice when I have a baseball game to be at.
Here's hoping I get a big enough break in the weather to get stuff done!



No comments:

Post a Comment