Friday, August 22, 2014

Making Grapes Last

In my house, grapes are the one fruit I can count on my son eating.
Plus they're easy to pack in a lunch.
But more often than not, 
they start getting nasty before we get a chance to eat them all.
Then I came across an idea of mixing vinegar and water
and soaking the grapes in the mixture.
The vinegar washes off nasty things on the grapes
plus it kills fungus and such that can make your grapes go bad.
I've had grapes last nearly 3 weeks.
No more wasted grapes!
So, here's what you do.
Get a large bowl.
Mix 1 part vinegar with 4 parts water.
I usually do 1 cup white vinegar to 4 cups of water. 
Put the grapes in and let them sit for a while.
I usually let them sit at least 20 minutes.
When they're done, 
drain the mixture off and let them air dry.
Don't rinse them off or anything.
I promise you won't taste any vinegar.
Then I separate them into snack bags and put them in the fridge.
Makes an easy snack to throw in the lunchbox or grab on the go.
(I shared this with my cousin who tried it and had the same results)

You can also use this for other fruits and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment