Wednesday, January 22, 2014

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night...

Yesterday we had yet another snow storm.
I get that it's winter
and snow isn't so unusual for our area
but the past couple of years have been relatively snow and cold free.
Anyway, it snowed.
I have no idea how much 
because the wind was blowing and drifting.
Some areas had grass showing other's were nearly to my knee
as I walked out to check on the girls. 
They were locked up tight earlier in the evening
but I couldn't remember if I had counted to make sure
all 5 were up in the coop when I locked them in.
So to save myself from worry, I went to check.
They were all roosting and more than a little irritated with the intrusion.
I try to think about the fact that there's only 56 days and 22 hours until spring.
(It can't get here fast enough)

No comments:

Post a Comment