Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chicken Strips

This is one of the new pullets.
She's a red sexlink or red star which is a hybrid between a Rhode Island Red Rooster
and either a White Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Rhode Island White or Delaware hen.
They are prolific egg layers laying 300 eggs a year on average.
I immediately named her Blaze Starr.
For those who aren't in the know,
Blaze Starr was a famous stripper and Burlesque star in Baltimore in 1950's.
Later she sold handcrafted jewelry in a local mall
(I once owned a pair of her earrings)
and she owns and operates the Two O'Clock Club on the Block in Baltimore.
 So how did I go from red sexlink pullet to stripper?
Well sexlink-sex-stripper
Red Star- Blaze Starr
and they both have red "hair"
I think I'm probably the only person in the world
with a chicken named after a stripper.
(the chicken on the left is named Zombie, 
probably the only one to have a chicken named that too)

No comments:

Post a Comment